The contracts work involved masonry repairs and decoration works to all windows to the front façade of the Scarborough Spa complex. Works included repairs to a variety of stonework and incorporated extensive re-pointing. The main part of the contract involved lead works to the Regency Room and the Grand Hall Theatre roofs.
Scarborough's Spa dates back to the 17th Century from the discovery of its waters medicinal properties leading to Scarborough becoming the original seaside resort. Today's current Spa was rebuilt and formally reopened in 1880 after fire destroyed a major part of the original building in 1876. Scarborough Council bought the Spa in 1957 from the Cliff Company for £110,000.
For More information on the history and present day uses of the Spa, click on the web link below: